Whether you own or rent your home, if you are like most people, you will take pride in the appearance of your property. One of the most important elements of a great looking home is the appearance of your lawns and gardens. Maintaining a lawn to a high standard can be difficult and time consuming if you don’t have the right systems in place, and it’s very hard to keep your lawn green and your gardens vibrant without water. Some areas are lucky enough to get decent rainfall all year round, however for anyone who doesn’t have the rainfall luxury, sprinkler systems are the best way to deliver water to your gardens and lawns.
If your current method of watering involves dragging a hose out onto your lawn and spending up to an hour each day watering your lawn and gardens, then maybe installing an automatic sprinkler system is the best option for you. There are many reasons to choose an automatic sprinkler system for your yard, and here are just some of the benefits:
- The clearest reason to install an automatic sprinkler system is to make watering your yard more convenient by saving you time. With an automatic sprinkler system, you can set timers so that your sprinklers automatically turn on and water your lawn at specific times throughout the day or week. You can set them to run for a specific length of time, and they can also be set to water different areas of your yard at different times based on use of the spaces and types of plants that need watering.
- Safety and Aesthetic Appeal
- Hoses are a tripping hazard, and they are also unsightly when they are not rolled up after use. Installing sprinkler systems means these two negative aspects of hose watering no longer exist. When an automatic sprinkler system is installed under the ground with pop up sprinklers, you won’t even know they are there unless you see them working. Automatic sprinkler heads seem to disappear after they have finished watering your lawn, they don’t pose a hazard to anyone. This fact also makes them a far more aesthetically pleasing solution to garden watering.
- Water At The Right Time
- Watering your lawn at the optimal time is vital for water conservation, and early in the morning is the best time to set your automatic sprinkler system to turn on and off. Watering when the sun is high in the sky means your gardens are prone to a higher level of evaporation and can waste up to 25% of the water used. Setting your timers to work in the morning as compared to the evening will also mean your plants are less prone to disease which can be happen if your lawn remains moist all night.
- Water The Right Amount
- Advanced automatic sprinkler systems have soil moisture and weather sensors to distribute the correct amount of water when and where it is needed. Advanced systems skip scheduled lawn and garden watering when any rain is detected to avoid drenching your lawn, which will also save you money.
- Water While You’re Out Of Town
- Automatic sprinkler systems allow you to set a timer for every day of the year, even when you are away on vacation, ensuring your lawn receives the attention it deserves while you are gone.